|AFSCME Iowa Council 61 - Everyday. Everywhere. Making Iowa Better.|
About AFSCME Home Care CDAC Local 1100
Before the Union:
- Up to 30-days to process claims
- IME paid monthly claims only twice a month
- IME makes mistake, provider must resubmit
- Providers had no real due process
Action prior to investigation
Appeal process with no support
No grievance process
- Weak individual voice at state and federal government
- Providers would not receive a raise for years
- Providers not able to meet with Iowa Dept. of Human Services
- No Advantage package
- No communication between providers
After the Union:
- Members bargained a shorter processing time
- Quicker Claim Processing
- 3 to 5 day adjudication process
- Weekly Claim Payment cycle
- If a clean claim is adjudicated by Friday, it will pay the first Thursday following
- If a clean claim is adjudicated after Friday, it will pay the second Thursday following
- Members bargained for IME to pay monthly claims on a weekly cycle
- IME will fix mistakes over the phone
- Due process for providers
Full investigation prior to action
Appeal process with support
- Strong collective voice at state and federal levels
- Member bargained a raise in the first MOU agreement
- Members bargained meeting with Iowa DHS
Voice in document changes
Voice in available trainings
- Members Only AFSCME Advantage Package
- Communication and solidarity between providers
Having Trouble Getting Paid? Recently a Local 1100 member asked her Union Representative for help correcting an error by IME. The union was able to resolve the issue and get IME to send a handwritten check for $1000 to the member.
If you are having problems, contact your union representative. 1-800-372-6054 or 515-246-1517, Steve Roth, ext. 605 email@example.com
How Much We All Accomplish Depends on Your Support!
The most basic way to show your support is to sign a membership card for Local 1100. A large number of members is essential to winning improvements – it shows the state that we are serious about continuing to make progress for Iowa home care providers.
© American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, AFL-CIO. All rights reserved.
Photographs and illustrations, as well as text, cannot be used without permission from AFSCME.